Thursday, November 12, 2009

PostSecret Event Tour 2009- Free Your Secrets And Become Who You Are

Are you familiar with PostSecret?  I am!  Every Sunday, without fail, I visit the PostSecret blog to see which new secrets Frank Warren has posted for the week.  

Frank started a project in 2004 in which he passed out blank postcards addressed to himself to strangers, asking them if they'd reveal a secret that they had never shared with anyone on the card and mail it back to him.  He'd introduce himself by saying "I'm Frank, and I collect secrets."  

That project has evolved into what PostSecret is today.  Frank still collects secrets, only now people mail them to him from all over the world on their own postcards, many of which are mini works of art.  He has published 5 books containing some of the secrets, does an Event Tour in different cities nationwide, and has connected millions of people.

My friend, Kim, and I drove to University of Texas at Arlington last night to attend the PostSecret Event there.  What a fun experience!  The room was packed and there were people there from all around, even out of state attendees.  The two girls sitting next to us had driven in together from Tyler.

I stood in line afterwards and got to speak to Frank very briefly as he signed my copy of his latest book, PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God.  I had my book opened to page 103 because I knew from an interview that Frank had done, that he had a secret of his own on that page, and I thought it would be fun to have him sign there.  He not only signed that page, but marked his 2 secrets.  I walked away so happy that I had come.

More of the PostSecret videos can be found here.  If you're interested in attending one of Franks events, check out the 2009 schedule here.


No comments: