Monday, September 29, 2008

A Polka Dot Pumpkin!

I saw this post on Heather Ann's blog recently and was giddy with excitement to make some of my own.  So, last Friday I ventured out to gather my supplies and got to work on my pumpkins that night.  I love them and they didn't take long to make.  I used cocktail napkins rather than tissue paper and cut the stuff out rather than using the punch.  I also found that for me, it was easier to paint the glue right onto the pumpkin and then press my piece down onto it, smooth it out, and then apply a top coat.  I did another coat after the first one dried.  I didn't coat the whole pumpkin, just the part that was decorated.   

I also stumbled into getting this adorable book at the craft store when I was looking for the glue.  Lucky me!  Anyway,  I usually draw things by looking at a picture of what I'm wanting to draw, so this will be perfect for me to draw from and get ideas for boards and stuff.  It has the cutest pictures inside!  The craft that it's actually intended for looks pretty fun too, but I'll have to look into that another time!





3 comments:

Princess-R-Us said...

That's too cute! I want to do some now. :) I'll let you know how they go. love you! xoxo

Princess-R-Us said...

I love this idea. I want to try it and then I'll let you know how it went. :) XOXO Miss you.

Princess-R-Us said...

This is such a cute idea! I'm going to try this and let you know how it goes. oxox Miss you.